Common Misconception #1: Believing your car insurance covers your motorcycle.
Ride with us and enjoy many unique motorcycle coverages…
You can count on our motorcycle insurance included in our list of coverages we offer. We can protect your bike no matter what you own. Whether you just bought your sweet ride or shopping for a new policy, ask one of our knowledgeable insurance agents for a free quote on a coverage that will provide you with added security and peace of mind.
Common Types We Insure:
- ● Cruisers
- ● Scooters
- ● Mopeds
- ● Customized motorcycles
- ● Dirt bikes
- ● Vintage and antique bikes
- ● Sport and high performance bikes
For most motorcycle owners, riding is more than just a recreational activity, it’s a lifestyle. With so much fun to be had, it’s no wonder motorcyclists aren’t reading up on the nuances of their insurance policy. When you’re shopping for insurance, it’s always important to know what you’re getting yourself into. Not knowing can lead to the wrong decisions and can even cost you thousands if you have a claim. Know your policy and the insurance company you’re dealing with. An investment of your time can end up protecting one of your most important investments—your bike.
Some states may require a minimum coverage for your bike, but you may also want to consider whether the minimum or adding higher limits or additional coverages make more sense to you.
Here’s why motorcycle insurers choose us:
- ● Full replacement cost and no depreciation for parts
- ● Coverage for gear and personal belongings
- ● Total loss coverage for a brand new bike
You’ll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- ● If you’re in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- ● If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- ● If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- ● Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Have you ever found yourself saying: “No worries! My car insurance will cover my motorcycle accident!”
If so, stop right there!
One of the most common and dangerous misconceptions most people have is the idea that if they are involved in a motorcycle collision, their car insurance will pay for it. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, your car insurance policy will NOT cover anything. In fact, many car insurance policies contain an exclusion specifically denying any coverage for injuries sustained while operating a motorcycle.
Our professional insurance agents are advocates for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- ● How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- ● What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- ● What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- ● How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- ● Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- ● What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?